Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why living in Idaho is not unlike a desert island

For those of you who aren't here in Mtn Home with us you might be unable to express the sympathy that life here calls for. Today I've been surfing online and someone's avatar features a sweet little blond boy facing off with a giant rainbow snowcone. Suddenly I am physically attacked by the need for a snowcone. "Silly pregnant brain it is March. There will be no snowcones for you" Okay, I grasp a small sense of reason. But still daydreaming about snowcones I determine that if available I'd want one strawberry shaved ice and one cola one. yum. I would eat them in a two bites of strawberry to one of cola and be blissfully happy. If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, 58 miles from even the closest Jamba Juice a general substitute might be found. Like the 7-11 that used to be ELEVEN houses from our home. How can a town not have a 7-11!!? Is there not an American standard that a town must adhere to before it's township is approved? One post office, one town hall, one 7-11, one tattoo parlor and 12 fast food restaurants. How did we get the fast food, three extra shoddy tattoo parlors and no 7-11? I'd say that my longing for my not to be had slurpees is causing me to weep and be ill but frankly I think it's a hormone/morning sickness cocktail. Please excuse me while I visit my lunch once again....

No comments: